Infected Insect Bite
Insect bites and stings
Insect bites or stings are not usually serious and get better in a few days. But sometimes they can become infected or cause a serious allergic reaction.
Check if it's an insect bite or sting
The main symptoms of an insect bite or sting are:
pain where you were bitten or stung
a small, swollen lump on the skin
The lump may look red. It may be more difficult to see on black or brown skin, but you should be able to feel it.
There may be a mark on your skin where you were bitten or stung.
A pharmacist can help with insect bites and stings
A pharmacist can advise you about medicines that can help ease the symptoms of a bite or sting, such as: